10 Amazing Tips on How to Get Cheap Flights
These 10 Amazing Tips that show you How to Get Cheap Flights is all you need to make the most of any upcoming holiday.
Saving money where possible is empirical to improving your financial situation.
The more money you are able to save here and there would place you in a really good financial situation. The extra money will allow you to take more vacations than usual.
These tips may seem frugal for some, but if you have a family of 3 or more (extra kids) then saving extra money on travel can really make a massive improvement in your financial situation.
Before Ashley and I began first travelling, I was a student at college and money was very hard to come by. It meant I couldn’t really afford the flashy travel experience that most have.
We always looked for good tips and hacks that would save us the odd dollar here and there and over time I’ve built a sort of, “go to” list that helps with finding great deals for cheap flights.
These tips are here to help you find the best deal on your next vacation and will make sure that you always get the best deal possible. Follow my tips and hacks the next time you are looking for a good vacation that doesn’t cost a bit.
It’s time to take off and find out my 10 Amazing Tips for How to Get Cheap Flights! Ready, Set, Take off!
- Top Things to do in Phuket, Thailand;
- Our Trip to Chiang Mai, Thailand;
- Travellers Guide to Bangkok;
- 4 Day Itinerary to Cambodia
- 10 Best Canvas Travel Backpacks
- Rain Ponchos for Winter
Don’t Forget To Pin This For Later 🙂
Here are my 10 Amazing Tips for Cheap Flights
Search in “Incognito” Mode
If you’re thinking what is “Incognito” mode then you probably a first-time net user. Nevertheless, I’ll explain!
Incognito mode is a feature of your browser that allows you to do search queries on Google and not be later tracked by a “cookies. You know, where those pestering ads follow you on every website? Kind of like they have a microphone everywhere?
Although cookies allow you to conveniently get back to your previous searches, it also stops you from finding cheap flights.
If you browse Incognito, there is a higher chance you will stumble across lower prices as companies won’t be able to use their cookie tracking on you.
Compare Prices from Multiple Sites
Never ever shop at only one website. You are committing a financial crime if you do this!
Instead always go to multiple websites and compare rates and offers. Use an excel spreadsheet to keep track of all the companies you are actively tracking.
Google flights can crawl all the flight companies in your country and bring back search results for the most affordable flights.
My favourite to use is Skyscanner.
Have Flexible Travel Dates
If you travel primarily in a holiday season, guess what? Yes, ticket prices are ridiculously expensive. They typically cost an arm and a leg.
If you are able to rearrange your travel dates to be more flexible on arrival and departure then you’ll be able to skim off some $$$ and make a saving.
Travel search engines will provide you with a flexible travel date calendar which shows you the best times to travel which will save you money.
The cheapest time to fly is typical;
- January through to May;
- September through to Late November;
The most expensive time to fly is:
- Christmas/New Year’s
- Within 1 hour of wanting to fly;
- Peak Summer Time;
Use Award Miles (Airpoints or Similiar)
This one took us a while to really click onto? We weren’t big spenders but we both were part of an organization that allowed you to collect points that could be transferred to flights.
This made our flights cheap and affordable.
Other types of award mile systems are generally with the airline. If you are required to fly often for your job then I’d recommend signing up for the airlines’ points system, then when you go to book a flight for work you use your account number to start racking up points.
I’ve travelled tonnes nationally for multiple jobs, I’ve travelled so much for work that I’ve managed to get a few flights for free.
Because people from all over the world read my blog I won’t get into specifics, instead, I ask you to do a google search on “award miles” and research what is available for you in your country.
Use a Reliable Budget Airline
There are tonnes of reliable budget airlines that you can save dollars on.
You wanna know a secret? All aeroplanes are made roughly the same and work the same way. instagram takipçi satın al
The only difference that makes one set flights more expensive than another, is generally the service, the quality of the interior and the food service.
Other than that, if you are not fussed on the above then skip paying for expensive flights and save money with using a reliable budget airline.
Get a Credit Card that Offers Reward Miles
Getting cheap flights is great, but what if I told you that you can get reward miles by using your credit card?
Yes! Everyday spending can earn you those miles and get you reduced or even free flights.
There are generally banks out there that have Visa/MasterCard credit cards with this type of power.
I have one and I’ve already earned enough points for one free flight 🙂
Subscribe to Airline Newsletters
You need to start doing this if you haven’t begun. Signing up to an Airline Newsletter or subscription page is money in gold for you.
Every once in a while companies through a 50% off sale to give you a chance on how to get cheap flights. The only downfall about this is that it is random.
You never know when the sale is going to happen but you should always keep your eyes peeled in your inbox.
The sale is generally for a limited time (less than 48hrs), either over a special weekend that includes a public holiday or during the week. You will definitely need some money put aside for this one if it does randomly pop up.
Don’t Fly Direct
The best way to having cheap flights is making some sort of diversion/stop on your way to your destination.
Why? Because if you fly directly it will cost you so much, I know it’s convenient but if you’re in a tight financial situation what is stopping off at a side destination for a few hours.
You could even claim to your friends that you’ve been (not visited) been to say random country.
Do I smell brownie points being thrown around?!
Book 6-8 Weeks in Advance
What we like to do before we fly is decided on where we would like to go next. We usually start thinking of our next vacation for 9 months in advance.
This allows plenty of time to decide where we would like to go, the amount we need to be saving and what sort of activities we will be doing.
By pre-planning (and not making a hasty decision to purchase flights for 2 weeks from now) we are effectively allowing ourselves to see what sort of deals come out. We will usually make a purchase about 2 months (8 weeks) in advance of the flight date.
Search Flights for One
What companies do these days create bundle deals? So if you search flights for one, chances are they will try to upsell you to make a purchase for two and when they do this, they will make it cheaper to buy two.
Why? Because it increases their average order value but it will make a saving for you! 🙂 Yayyy, everyone wins.
These are my 10 Amazing Tips for How to Get Cheap Flights is all you need to make the most of any vacation you have up and coming.
Here’s What to do Next!
- Pin This Post for Later!
- Join our Facebook Group – Share your Content or Say Hi
- Write these tips down in your notebook;
- Bluehost is what I use for hosting Bottom Line Cents. I’ve been using them for about 2 years and don’t have any down time or run time issues. Start Your Own Blog Tutorial is a good post to learn how to start your own blog and make money.
- My grammar when writing posts is sometimes shocking, because I write so fast and have no time to edit as I go. So before I hit publish, I check my grammar with Grammarly. The best part is grammarly is FREE!
- I use Get Response to collect all my email leads. It has helped me grow a dedicated so that I can get my latest articles out to my existing audience that have signed up to this. If you need decent and reliable (and cost effective) email marketing service that offers a 30 Day Free Trial then Get Response is your go to!
- For high quality responsive WordPress themes I recommend Studiopress. I’ve ran a couple of blogs using their themes and framework and they’ve been around for a long time and built a good reputation for building SEO Optimized Themes that are fast loading and responsive. I’ve reviewed some of thier themes here.
- If you’re wanting to start ranking on google or getting featured in places like Forbes or similiar then the only SEO course I recommend is Stupid Simple SEO. I joined this course in 2019 and my google traffic has gotten traction and I’ve also been featured in places like Fundera Ledger.
- Tailwindapp is a tool I use to schedule Pinterest Pins and Instagram posts. They have a free trial which is free for an unlimited time, however you are limited to a certain amount of posts to schedule per day. If you need to schedule more than that you need to upgrade your account.
- Pretty Links helps me keep my links clean and helps making managing multiple affiliate links a breeze. Imagine having to replace every single link in all the post that contain an affiliate link for a product, two words – TIME CONSUMING.
- Making Sense of Affiliate Marketing is a course I recommend by Michelle from Making Sense of Cents. This course helped me make money from affiliate marketing.
- Pinterest Traffic Avalanche is another course I recommend. The course has helped me (and will help you) get free traffic from Pinterest Marketing. I shared my results here on how I gained over 300% traffic!
These are companies and courses/services I’ve personally vetted and recommend.