Today I want to discuss 7 practical ways on how to make 500 dollars fast. Most of us are looking for an effective way to earn extra money fast, but sometimes it can be an information rollercoaster.
There are literally posts out there that cover over 50 ways, sometimes we just need the easiest and best means to getting to our goals.
So if you're like me and you're looking to make an extra 500 dollars quickly then this one is for you. This extra money will allow you to pay your unexpected bill that just popped up, your rent or even just go out for a nice time.
#1 - Start an Online T-Shirt Business From Home
Lets get on to our number one pick for how to make a fast 500 dollars. Why is selling t-shirts online a good idea? Selling t-shirts online that you design means you don't need to carry stock and the earning potential is only limited based on how good your t-shirts are.
If people like your designs there's plenty of money to be made and getting that 500 dollars will happen in no time at all. So get your creative hat on and start designing and selling t-shirts.
So how do you make money off from selling t-shirts? Shopify and Print on demand is probably my most recommended way to do this.
I wrote an awesome guide on how to start a t-shirt business from home using just a computer and an internet connection: https://bottomlinecents.com/how-to-start-a-tshirt-business/.
Canva is my favorite tool that makes designing t-shirts as easy as eating some warm apple pie! Check out my video tutorial below (or on youtube) where I design a cool shirt off the top of my head. And I'm not even a graphic designer
The thing I love about this business model so much because your earnings potential is uncapped.
#2 - How to Earn 500 Dollars Fast with Payed Surveys!
Want to know a quick way to make 500 dollars fast without working hard? Yes, without working hard and making a sweat.
The answer is simple! Do paid surveys online and you can start making money and get paid with Paypal immediately!
There are company's out there that pay for your opinion (ordinary people like you and me). They do this because it allows them to find new products or gadgets to promote to an intended audience like yourself.
Survey Junkie is 100% free to join and the signup literally takes less than 1 minute.
#3 - Start a Niche Related Blog and Make Money
Starting a blog is definitely not a good way on how to make 500 dollars fast, however it can make more than this with time.
I couldn't completely discount this method, because it is a solid method of making money. There are literally thousands of bloggers that make over 5 figures per month.
Blogs make money through various means which can include;
- Sponsored Posts;
- Affiliate Marketing;
- Selling Digital Products
Just to name a few! I wrote a well detailed tutorial on starting a money making blog and you can find out more about starting a blog here in my quick and easy tutorial.
Blogging is a great way to explore your hidden creative talent of writing. The beauty of writing is that we've all been taught it in school.
Start out blogging as a side gig and you never know it could become your primary gig one day.
The biggest investment you need for a blog is a web host, such as Bluehost which hosts my website Bottom Line Cents.
Related Article : How to Start a Profitable Blog in 2020 Free Course
If you want to use this info-graphic above, please link back to my website to give me credit!
#4 - Become an Airbnb Host
Another way to how to make 500 dollars fast is with AirBnB! If you have a spare room in your house or a holiday home that goes unused for parts of the year than that is a great way to gain an income! Rent out the room or bach using Airbnb.
What is Airbnb for those of you who don't know? It's an online platform that hosts rooms and houses for rent.
They are usually cheaper than what a hotel can rent out a room for. According to the thestreet.com "Airbnb takes a 3% commission from bookings as well as a 6%-12% servicing fee from guests".
Recommended Article: Blogging for Dummies the Ultimate Guide
#5 - Start a Youtube Channel & Make Money
Youtube over the past few years has exploded and has become prime and lucrative.
Create interesting and engaging content that people enjoy watching.
Just like blogging, it is more of a secondary income to start of with but can eventually lead to a prime one if you have a large subscriber base.
Music, gaming, yoga, and food channels just to name a few are quite popular. The choice is yours what path you choose go down.
All you need is access to the internet, a computer with editing software, and a camera and you're all set to go.
You can monetise through youtube partnerships and product placement and it only takes 1 video that goes viral to earn 500 dollars.
So get creating videos!
#6 - Make Money with Your Social Media Expertise
If your savvy with social media sites such as Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter, Instagram and much more...
Then you have a very talented set of skills on your hand!
If you know you way around social media then you can make some seriously big bucks by promoting brands on social media.
Businesses pay regular people like you and me to get the word out on new products and services, so that it can drive sales for them.
It can be hard finding the best opportunities and there are some amazing tools to help you find the latest opportunities.
I've stumbled across SocialSaleRep.com and I've found it to be the best so far!
They've been online for quite a while now and have had several partnerships with big corporations looking for social media experts!
#7 - Start Selling Your Own Digital Products
Remember how I said you can create an online store and sell clothing?
Well you can also start an online store and sell digital products such as eBooks on just about anything.
If you're not a good book maker and you have other digital products you can sell then go out there and start creating.
Sign up with my referral code to get a 14-day free Shopify Trial: BottomLineCents and start selling digital products today.
Related Article: How to Sell on Shopify for Beginners
Conclusion on How to Make 500 Dollars Fast
There you have it, these are the 7 ways that I have chosen to make 500 dollars quickly.
I wanted to keep this post nice and short and not overwhelm you with too many options as it can get daunting quite quickly.
My favorite way to make money quickly is number 1 as it can be quite lucrative with uncapped earnings potential.
If you have any other methods you want to share, pop them in the comment box below.
- Bluehost is what I use for hosting Bottom Line Cents. I've been using them for about 2 years and don't have any down time or run time issues. Start Your Own Blog Tutorial is a good post to learn how to start your own blog and make money.
- My grammar when writing posts is sometimes shocking, because I write so fast and have no time to edit as I go. So before I hit publish, I check my grammar with Grammarly. The best part is grammarly is FREE!
- I use Get Response to collect all my email leads. It has helped me grow a dedicated so that I can get my latest articles out to my existing audience that have signed up to this. If you need decent and reliable (and cost effective) email marketing service that offers a 30 Day Free Trial then Get Response is your go to!
- For high quality responsive WordPress themes I recommend Studiopress. I've ran a couple of blogs using their themes and framework and they've been around for a long time and built a good reputation for building SEO Optimized Themes that are fast loading and responsive. I've reviewed some of thier themes here.
- If you're wanting to start ranking on google or getting featured in places like Forbes or similiar then the only SEO course I recommend is Stupid Simple SEO. I joined this course in 2019 and my google traffic has gotten traction and I've also been featured in places like Fundera Ledger.
- Tailwindapp is a tool I use to schedule Pinterest Pins and Instagram posts. They have a free trial which is free for an unlimited time, however you are limited to a certain amount of posts to schedule per day. If you need to schedule more than that you need to upgrade your account.
- Pretty Links helps me keep my links clean and helps making managing multiple affiliate links a breeze. Imagine having to replace every single link in all the post that contain an affiliate link for a product, two words - TIME CONSUMING.
- Making Sense of Affiliate Marketing is a course I recommend by Michelle from Making Sense of Cents. This course helped me make money from affiliate marketing.
- Pinterest Traffic Avalanche is another course I recommend. The course has helped me (and will help you) get free traffic from Pinterest Marketing. I shared my results here on how I gained over 300% traffic!
These are companies and courses/services I've personally vetted and recommend.