Latest News for Bottom Line Cents
Where have I been you ask?
I've been snowed under at my day job! Seriously, there is something about the end of the year that makes people want to get things done ASAP!
If you don't already know, my day job is a niche consulting type of work that is within the construction sector.
I'm the guy that designs special structure within buildings, like beams, foundations and more and I do this within New Zealand legislation.
You can find out more here at my company's website.
But Where Have I been in the Background?
Some of you may be thinking that my job is only 8 hours a day. Well, it's slightly more lately! I'm running at 12-16 hour days and it is draining me.
In-fact, I've been so flat out that I've neglected Bottom Line Cents for about a month now, or possibly longer!
I know right, shock horror (No pun intended given that I'm writing this on Halloween).
The truth is, I haven't forgotten about this site and I've been monitoring it slowly.
Not really growing it or anything, just monitoring it and continuing to Pin like mad and drive traffic.
What's The Next Plan?
I've been plotting slowly, what my next move is for the site and I think I'll be a while away.
The last I wrote something decent was back in September and that post gained a lot of traction.
It was a review on Shopify vs Etsy and most people found it useful.
Writing really takes a lot of planning and can be time consuming, but on the plus side my traffic has grown quite well from google and also Pinterest.
A main plan I wanted to get into was making more YouTube videos than blog posts. I find that a lot of people like video tutorials.
YouTube Videos and More
As I mentioned, I want to make more YouTube tutorials specifically on Shopify. To me it seems like a lot of people love using that platform to sell things.
However, what I fail to see is how you can start a store and use SEO to drive traffic to it.
I started a Shopify store called Next Giftz and I really wanted to try driving more organic search than paid search to this.
I can imagine that it would take about a year to develop, but I'm all in just like I am with this site.
The Shopify store is a general store, kind of like a walmart.
My goal is to create searchable content for google, get this ranked and then sell off this store for some figure... who knows what that'll be.
That about sums up in a nutshell what I have planned in the background.
For now I will continue to devote my time and devotion to my day job. Until everything goes quite.
I can expect that to happen sometime in the new year I believe.
If you have any questions feel free to drop it in the comments below.
- Bluehost is what I use for hosting Bottom Line Cents. I've been using them for about 2 years and don't have any down time or run time issues. Start Your Own Blog Tutorial is a good post to learn how to start your own blog and make money.
- My grammar when writing posts is sometimes shocking, because I write so fast and have no time to edit as I go. So before I hit publish, I check my grammar with Grammarly. The best part is grammarly is FREE!
- I use Get Response to collect all my email leads. It has helped me grow a dedicated so that I can get my latest articles out to my existing audience that have signed up to this. If you need decent and reliable (and cost effective) email marketing service that offers a 30 Day Free Trial then Get Response is your go to!
- For high quality responsive WordPress themes I recommend Studiopress. I've ran a couple of blogs using their themes and framework and they've been around for a long time and built a good reputation for building SEO Optimized Themes that are fast loading and responsive. I've reviewed some of thier themes here.
- If you're wanting to start ranking on google or getting featured in places like Forbes or similiar then the only SEO course I recommend is Stupid Simple SEO. I joined this course in 2019 and my google traffic has gotten traction and I've also been featured in places like Fundera Ledger.
- Tailwindapp is a tool I use to schedule Pinterest Pins and Instagram posts. They have a free trial which is free for an unlimited time, however you are limited to a certain amount of posts to schedule per day. If you need to schedule more than that you need to upgrade your account.
- Pretty Links helps me keep my links clean and helps making managing multiple affiliate links a breeze. Imagine having to replace every single link in all the post that contain an affiliate link for a product, two words - TIME CONSUMING.
- Making Sense of Affiliate Marketing is a course I recommend by Michelle from Making Sense of Cents. This course helped me make money from affiliate marketing.
- Pinterest Traffic Avalanche is another course I recommend. The course has helped me (and will help you) get free traffic from Pinterest Marketing. I shared my results here on how I gained over 300% traffic!
These are companies and courses/services I've personally vetted and recommend.